How to Start Asko Dishwasher: Reveal the Best Way to Run It
If you own an Asko dishwasher but do not know how to run it effectively, check out this article now! KitchenLowCost will lead you to discover the most detailed ways how to start Asko dishwasher!
Asko Dishwasher Control Panel
To start the machine, press and hold the main power switch until the display lights up. The panel is fitted with touch buttons with audible feedback.
For program selection, there are six selections for you to choose from. For selecting options, there are three options: High temperature, Long dry, and Delayed Start.
To activate them, you just need to press the buttons and wait until they light up. We will explain each of them thoroughly in the part on how to start Asko dishwasher.
However, now we will introduce you to some following settings, you should take note of them to operate the dishwasher effectively.
To activate these settings, you need to note the following buttons: Program selector, Start/Stop, and Display.
There are five options from 1 to 5 for you to select, please look at Display in order to see numbers that are the current setting and current setting value respectively.
To activate these settings, you will press Start/Stop button to save the setting and continue to the next setting. It allows you to Do the same and in turn from the first option to the fifth one, then exit the settings menu.
How to Start Asko Dishwasher
Now we move to some detailed instructions about how to start Asko dishwasher.
Before the First Use
For the first use, you need to do some steps to help other processes be more smooth.
Checking water hardness
Before using, you should contact your water supplier to check that the level of the water harness to use detergent and rinse aid is appropriate.
Top up with rinse aid
Using rinse aid will improve drying results and also speed up the drying process. Here are some ways to top up with rinse aid:
- Step 1: Open the rinse aid lid
- Step 2: Pour rinse aid inside and just pour until the level is marked max.
- Step 3: Wipe off splashes of rinse aid around the compartment.
- Step 4: Close the lid firmly.
Setting the rinse aid dosage
The Settings section describes how to set the rinse aid dosage.
Rinse aid dispensing can be set from 5: 0(Off) to 5: 6(High dose), and 5: 5 (Factory settings).
Increase the rinse aid dosage
If you see watermarks on dishes, you should boost the amount of the rinse aid.
Decrease the rinse aid dosage:
Here are some cases you should consider lowering the rinse aid:
- The dishes have a sticky white/blue film.
- The dishes are streaked.
- You have very soft water, the rinse aid can be diluted 50:50 with water.
For water with a hardness greater than 10–12 °dH, you ought to use rinse aid with citric acid (known as acid rinse aid).
Load the Dishwasher
As usual, the machine will include 2 kinds of racks: upper rack and lower racks. Depending on different types of Asko dishwashers, a cutlery basket or tray may be additional.
Upper rack and knife basket
The upper rack is used for placing glasses, cups, bowls, side plates, and saucers.
Wine glasses are placed on the wine glass shelf and knives are placed on the knife stand on the right. Place knives so that it fits perfectly in the special knife basket under the upper rack.
It is used for placing plates, side plates, serving dishes, pots, and cutlery.
Place pots or pans in the right-hand rear part of the lower basket to optimize the washing performance because it is designed for these items.
Tines are used to keep dishes firmly during cleaning. When you want to wash pots or pans, you could adjust it by pressing the catch inwards.
Washing large plates
For dishes greater than 25 cm. You could move foldable tines so that you can put these large items adapt into a basket.
A cutlery basket
A cutlery basket is used for small items, especially utensils such as forks, spoons, knives, etc. For the best utilize dishwashing performance, it uses the unique spray nozzle (Power Zone Cutlery™), which is intended for the cutlery basket. Pay attention to placing sharp items upside down in the basket.
A cutlery tray
A cutlery tray is used to freeze small items, you could put them horizontally onto the tray. Using this kind will help washing more effectively.
You need to pour detergent into two parts: Prewash detergent compartment and Main wash detergent compartment.
Detergent is added according to water hardness. Too much detergent is not good because it may cause ineffective washing performance and a bad impact on the environment.
After loading dishes and providing the dishwasher with detergent. You press the main power switch and close the door.
To activate these programs, simply press and hold the button several times until the light comes on.
- Daily wash: It is suitable for washing daily utensils after each meal, helping you to wash and dry dishes perfectly. However, for burnt food such as on oven dishes, you should have a different mode.
- Heavy wash: This program is for very dirty dishes, such as pans, and casserole dishes. These may not fill the dishwasher, so you could arrange plates interspersed inward.
- Normal program: This is used for plates, serving dishes, oven dishes, cups, glasses, and so on. For soiled mixed loads, you should use this mode to save much energy. To keep the dishes clean and have a sleek appearance, you could activate the options high temperature and long dry.
- Eco wash: Use when you want to save water. For normally dirty dishes.
- Quick wash: Use for visually dirty dishes such as wine glasses, or coffee cups.
- Rinse & Hold: Used to rinse dishes while you wait for the dishwasher to become fully loaded.
High temperature: For this function, you want to use the lower temperature, press until the field next to the button turns off.
If you want to use the lower temperature, press until the field next to the button turns off.
Long dry: If you activate this button, you may add more temperature and time for the last rinse aid. This will improve the drying result, but have a slight increase in energy consumption.
If you want a program with Short dry, press so that the field next to the button turns off.
Delayed start: When activating this button, your dishwasher will start 1–24 hours after you press the Start/Stop button.
To activate this button, press and hold it in order to set the desired time.
Press Start/Stop and the dishwasher counts down 1 hour at a time and starts after the selected delay.
Press and hold Start/Stop for five seconds if you want to cancel the Delayed start option.
When you choose programs and options, the display will show the remaining time during washing. However, the remaining time is updated after the water for the final rinse has been heated.
It may differ somewhat from time to time depending on the number of dishes, how dirty they are, the amount of detergent and rinse aid, etc.
Care and Cleaning
Besides showing you how to start Asko dishwasher, we will provide you with some tips for maintenance and cleaning below.
Trash will be accumulated over time and easily cause drainage. Therefore, cleaning filters are super important.
The coarse filler trap traps big particles of food that could not pass the drainage pump. Therefore, it is necessary to clean it regularly.
You just need to lift the coarse filter by hand, then empty them and replace it.
- The Fine Filter is rinsed after each wash. however, the fine filter and its pipe section monthly or yearly. You could clean it according to the steps below:
- Turn the handle anticlockwise once.
- Lift the pipe section straight up by the handle. Then you clean the coarse filter and pipe section.
- Clean the fine filter.
- Reinsert them into the machine, paying attention to the edges that fit properly when replacing the fine filter.
- Turn the handle clockwise to the stop position. The handle should point straight out from the dishwasher.
Sometimes, spray arms are also blocked by small particles of food, you could use a pin or something similar to clean them.
You can also remove the arms to wash, but you need to securely put them on afterward.
Lower spray arm
Pull the lower spray arm straight up to release it.
Upper spray arm
The upper basket needs to remove before removing the upper spray arm. You just need to pull out the upper basket and turn the basket catch on each runner outwards. The basket can now be removed.
Pull the upper spray arm straight up to release it.
Asko Dishwasher Troubleshooting
Why Are Dishes Not Dry Enough?
The first reason could be due to the fact that the drying power is not strong. If it is too low, you could activate the Long dry option.
The second reason is that loads of dishes are unreasonable. This also could affect drying results, you should fill them fully before washing.
Last, check rinse aid dosage, and increase it if necessary.
How to Drain Dishwasher
There are several reasons why dishwasher still remains in the dishwasher such as blocked drainage hose, blocked filter, or debris in the drainage pump.
Sometimes your dishwasher could not drain, so here are some ways you could do to deal with it:
- Remember to unplug the cord before draining.
- Remove the coarse filter and pipe section.
- Remove the small yellow fitted piece at the left of the bottom drain.
- You could insert your finger into the hole, so you can turn the pump blade to release anything blocking it.
- Reinstall the fitted piece and filters.
- Plug the machine in again.
Here are some popular troubles and questions when using Asko dishwasher. Read it thoroughly to deal with problems more easily!
KitchenLowCost provided you with step-by-step instructions on how to start Asko dishwater. Hope that you will find this article useful and let us know by sharing and following us. These actions are the motivation for us to keep updating more helpful information for you.